OVERVIEW – FERRIS STATE
SCORE: Ferris State 91, Northwood Timberwolves 59
RECORDS: Northwood (4-14, 2-7 GLIAC), Ferris State (13-3, 7-2 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Wink Arena – Big Rapids, Mich.
RECAP: Ferris State rides a fast offensive start to post a 91-59 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (January 14).
- Northwood scored the first two points of the game but that would prove to be the last lead of the game for the Timberwolves.
- Ferris State used a red-hot offensive performance to control the opening half, leading by as many as 29 before taking a 56-28 lead to halftime.
- The Bulldogs shot 65.5 percent overall from the floor (19-29) and 60.0 percent from 3-point range (9-15).
- Northwood finished the opening half 9-31 overall (29.0 percent) and 3-12 from 3-point range (25.0 percent).
- Northwood got no closer than 21 in the second half as the Bulldogs maintained control in the second half.
- FSU led by as many as 38 down the stretch.
- The second half was played at a slower pace – Ferris State shot 36.7 percent (11-30) overall and 30.0 percent from 3-point range (3-10).
- Northwood ended up at 28.9 percent in the second half overall (11-38) and 7.7 percent from 3-point range (1-13).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .508 (30-59), Northwood .290 (20-69)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .480 (12-25), Northwood .160 (4-25)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ferris State .760 (19-25), Northwood .750 (15-20)
- REBOUNDS: Ferris State 41 (seven offensive), Northwood 40 (16 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ferris State 23/7, Northwood 12/11
- Points off turnovers were a big part of the game, as Bulldogs out-scored the Timberwolves 21-6.
- FSU also held a 25-13 edge in fastbreak points as well.
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- The Timberwolves will travel to Michigan Tech Thursday (January 19). Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.