OVERVIEW – BELLARMINE
SCORE: #3 Bellarmine Knights 80, Northwood Timberwolves 70 (GLIAC/GLVC Challenge)
RECORDS: Northwood (1-1), Bellarmine (2-0)
LOCATION: Nicoson Hall – Indianapolis, Ind.
RECAP: Bellarmine rides a strong opening half to an 80-70 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (November 11).
- Northwood made the first field goal of the game, but that proved to be the Timberwolves' last lead of the game. Bellarmine scored 11 straight points at that moment to lead 12-1.
- Bellarmine opened up leads of 28-9, 36-16 and 44-21 before the Timberwolves scored the final six points of the half to send the game to the break with the Knights leading 44-27.
- The story of the first half was field goal percentage – Northwood finished the opening half shooting 30.3 percent (10-33) while Bellarmine connected on 64.3 percent of their shots (18-28).
- The Knights led 53-32 with under 16 minutes remaining when the Timberwolves began to come back. Northwood got within eight on two separate occasions and had chances to get even closer, but were unable to convert.
- The Timberwolves out-scored Bellarmine 43-36 in the second half, thanks to NU shooting 57.7 percent from the floor (15-26). BU ended up connecting on 40.0 percent over the final 20 minutes (10-25).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Northwood .424 (25-59), Bellarmine .528 (28-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE : Northwood .333 (10-30), Bellarmine .571 (8-14)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Northwood .769 (10-13), Bellarmine .727 (16-22)
- REBOUNDS: Northwood 32 (Nine offensive), Bellarmine 33 (Five offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Northwood 12/14, Bellarmine 15/13
- FAST BREAK POINTS: Northwood 7, Bellarmine 0
- BENCH POINTS: Northwood 38, Bellarmine 30
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Alec Marty: 21 points, 9-14 from the floor, 3-5 from 3-point range
- Nick Spitzley: 12 points, 5-10 from the floor, 2-6 from 3-point range
- The Timberwolves will travel to Walsh next Saturday (November 18). Game time is set for 1 p.m.