OVERVIEW – MARYVILLE
SCORE: Maryville Saints 1, Northwood Timberwolves 0
RECORDS: Maryville 1-0, Northwood 0-1
LOCATION: St. Louis, Mo. – Maryville Field
RECAP: Northwood opened the 2017 season with a 1-0 at Maryville Friday night (September 1).
- The two teams played a defensive opening 45 minutes of the contest, combining for just three shots (Maryville 2, Northwood 1). Northwood did hold a 4-2 edge in corner kicks in the half, which ended scoreless.
- Maryville scored the game-winner in the 63rd minute. After an NU foul, the Saints buried a free kick from just outside the area to give Maryville the lead.
- Much like the opening half, the chances were limited in the final 45 minutes. The Timberwolves did have an excellence chance to level the score in the 89th minute but their shot in the area went high.
- The shot that Maryville scored on was their only attempt in the second half. The Timberwolves had three shot attempts after the break.
- Shots: Northwood 4, Maryville 3
- Saves: Northwood 2 (Corbin Cecchini), Maryville 2 (Christi Kjaersgaard)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 6, Maryville 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- James Vaughan: Two shots
- Northwood features a new-look roster this season – a total of eight players made the NU debuts in the contest: Corbin Cecchini, Lucas Sammut, Robert Wist, Lirim Shefkiu, Jacob Mattia, Austin Hobbs, Sebastian Grillo, Teddy Stacey).
- The Timberwolves will travel to Drury Sunday (September 3). Game time is set for 8:30 p.m. ET.