SCORE: Davenport Panthers 1, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Davenport (4-2-1, 1-1-1 GLIAC), Northwood (3-2-2, 1-0-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Dean Field - Midland, Mich.
RECAP: On a balmy fall afternoon, Timberwolves and Panthers wear each other down to draw
INSIDE THE GAME
- The weather played a substantial factor in the first half as both teams struggled to generate much offense, firing one shot each 19 minutes into the contest. They combined for seven strikes to the net before the half was over with zero goals on the board to show for.
- After zero shots between the two teams 15 minutes into the second half, Davenport was able to draw first blood. On a pass from the right side inside the box, the Panthers were able to find twine on a one-timer to take a 1-0 lead.
- Northwood was without a shot in the second half until the 17th minute, when fortunes turned in their favor. Teddy Stacey dove for a possible header inside the box and was able to draw a penalty, leading to a free kick. James Vaughan made no mistake on the prime opportunity, tying the game at one with a strike to the top right corner of the net.
- SHOTS: Davenport 12, Northwood 11
- SAVES: Northwood 3, Davenport 3
- CORNER KICKS: Davenport 5, Northwood 2
- FOULS: Davenport 17, Northwood 10
- Northwood had won the first two matchups in school history.
- Six of Northwood's eight goals this season have come in the second half.
- James Vaughan already has four goals this season in just seven games played. His career high of five was set in the 2015-16 season.
- The Timberwolves will travel to Ashland for a game against the Eagles (Sept. 24). Game time is set for 2:30 p.m.