OVERVIEW: Oiler Opener – University of Findlay
EVENT: Oiler Opener
LOCATION: Malcolm Athletic Center – Findlay, OH
RECAP: The Northwood University track and field team saw a new NCAA provisional effort and two improved provisional efforts as competition for the fall semester wrapped up Friday and Saturday (December 8 & 9) at Findlay.
- The Northwood men saw an improved NCAA provisional effort in the first day of competition.
- Senior Paul Evans improved his season best and provisional mark in the weight throw. Evans longest throw measured 18.47 meters/60 feet-7.25 inches.
- The Northwood men added a new NCAA provisional mark after the second day of competition.
- Freshman Mason Phillips continued to impress in the sprints and jumps. Philips won the 60 meter dash in 6.92, the 200 meter dash in 22.08, and the long jump with a distance of 7.23 meters/23 feet-8.75 inches. His time of 22.08 on a 200 meter flat track converts to 21.70 on a 300 meter track to give him an NCAA provisional mark in the event. Phillips also improved on his previous provisional effort in the long jump.
- Sophomore Christopher Bent finished second in the 200 meter dash (23.00) and third in the 60 meter dash (7.04).
- The Northwood women were highlighted by junior Heaven Powell. Powell finished in a tie for first place in the high jump with a clearance of 1.63 meters/5 feet-4.25 inches.
The Timberwolves will resume competition following winter break at the Bob Eubanks Open, hosted by Grand Valley State University. Competition is set for Friday (January 12) at 10 am.