OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: #2 Ashland Eagles 95, Northwood Timberwolves 63
RECORDS: Northwood (3-2, 1-1 GLIAC) Ashland (8-0, 2-0 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: No. 2 Ashland continued their dominating start to the season with a 95-63 win over Northwood Saturday afternoon (December 3).
- The Eagles were able to get off on the right foot despite a couple early turnovers, scoring on five of their first seven shots to take an early 10-4 lead. Ashland eventually led 27-14 after one.
- The Eagles made 11 of their 14 shots in the opening quarter (78.6 percent). Northwood ended up at 31.6 percent from the field (6-19) and went 0-4 from beyond the arc.
- Ashland maintained control in the second quarter and expanded their lead. The Eagles out-scored the Timberwolves in the second by the same score as the first (27-14) to open up a 54-28 advantage at halftime.
- AU continued their hot shooting in the half, going 21-32 from the floor to finish at 65.6 percent. The Timberwolves shot 30.3 percent (10-33) but went just 1-11 from 3-point range (10-33).
- Northwood played better in the second half, but the Eagles were never challenged after the break. AU led by as many as 35 (66-31) early in the third quarter. The Timberwolves go no closer than 27 points the rest of the way.
- FG PERCENTAGE: Ashland .515 (35-68), Northwood .354 (23-65)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Ashland .357 (5-14), Northwood .263 (5-19)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Ashland .870 (20-23), Northwood .706 (12-17)
- REBOUNDS: Ashland 43 (12 offensive), Northwood 37 (13 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Ashland 20/16, Northwood 13/22
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Lindsay Orwat: 17 points, four rebounds
- Maddy Seeley: 16 points
- Delaney Kenny: six points, 10 rebounds, four assists, one steal
- The Timberwolves will travel to Findlay Thursday (Dec. 8), for a game against the Oilers. Tip off is set for 5:30 p.m.