OVERVIEW – BELLARMINE
SCORE: Bellarmine Knights 91, Northwood Timberwolves 68
RECORDS: Northwood (0-2) Bellarmine (1-0)
LOCATION: Knights Hall – Louisville, Ky.
RECAP: Bellarmine dominates the opening half to overcome a career day by Northwood's Lindsay Orwat in a 91-68 Knights win Sunday (November 12).
- Both teams scored on their opening possessions but it was Bellarmine who dominated the rest of the quarter.
- The Knights held Northwood off the board for over six minutes, during which Bellarmine opened up a 15-2 lead.
- The score was eventually 20-5 after one quarter.
- The Timberwolves were just 2-12 from the floor (16.7 percent) in the opening quarter, while BU ended up at 38.9 percent (7-18). NU had five more turnovers than the Knights in the opening frame (8-3).
- Bellarmine continued the momentum into the second quarter, extended their lead to 30-9.
- NU trailed 35-17 with just over three minutes remaining in the first half when BU scored 10 of the final 13 points to go up 45-20 at the break.
- The Timberwolves went 5-13 from the floor in the second quarter (38.5 percent), compared to Bellarmine at 7-13 (53.8 percent). The Knights also went 4-4 from 3-point range in the quarter.
- After struggling in the first three halves of the season, Northwood put together its best quarter of the year in the third.
- The Timberwolves scored 23 points in the frame while going 8-16 from the floor (50.0 percent).
- NU got the lead under 20 at one point before Bellarmine ended up taking a 665-43 lead to the fourth quarter.
- Like Northwood, Bellarmine shot 50 percent in quarter (7-14).
- Both offenses were clicking in the final quarter, as the two teams combined to go 15-21 from the floor (71.4 percent).
- The Knights got the lead to as many as 28 before the final margin of 23 at 91-68.
- Northwood was 8-12 from the floor in the fourth (66.7 percent), while Bellarmine was 7-9 (77.9 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .518 (28-54), Northwood .434 (23-53)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .625 (10-16), Northwood .429 (9-21)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Bellarmine .781 (25-32), Northwood .867 (13-15)
- REBOUNDS: Bellarmine 30 (10 offensive), Northwood 30 (10 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Bellarmine 14/10, Northwood 10/21
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Bellarmine 26, Northwood 16
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Bellarmine 26, Northwood 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Lindsay Orwat: 36 points, 12-19 from the floor, 6-10 from 3-point range, 6-7 from the foul line
- Orwat also led Northwood with five rebounds and three blocked shots
- Her 36 points tie for the second most in a game in Northwood history, trailing only Lisa Cote's total of 41 from the 1996-97 season. Lauren Metaj scored 36 in a game twice (1999-2000 ,2000-01) to share second place with Orwat.
- The Timberwolves will host Lewis Friday night (November 17) at 6 p.m. the game is a part of the GLIAC/GLVC Challenge, which is being co-hosted by Northwood and Grand Valley State.