OVERVIEW – CENTRAL MICHIGAN (EXHIBITION)
SCORE: Central Michigan Chippewas 74, Northwood Timberwolves 61
RECORDS: Northwood (0-0), Central Michigan (0-0)
LOCATION: Rose Arena – Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood battles but falls to defending Mid-American Conference champion Central Michigan 74-61 in an exhibition contest Thursday afternoon (November 1).
- Central Michigan came out fast in the opening three minutes, going up 10-2.
- The Timberwolves battled back, scoring 11 of the next 12 points to take a take a 13-11 lead before CMU ended up with a 14-13 edge after one quarter.
- Northwood ended up shooting 42.9 percent overall (6-14), compared to CMU at 35.7 percent (5-14).
- The Chippewas earned the lead thanks to making four free throws to zero for the Timberwolves.
- The last half of the second quarter proved to be a key part of the contest. With the Timberwolves trailing 27-24 with under five minutes remaining in the half, the Chippewas out-scored NU 13-5 the remainder of the half to go up 40-29.
- Central Michigan shot 10-17 from the floor in the quarter (58.8 percent) while Northwood finished the second at 40.0 percent (6-15).
- The teams flipped roles in the third quarter, as this time it was the Timberwolves who went on a run late.
- CMU led 47-38 with under five minutes remaining when Northwood posted a 10-0 run to take a 48-47 lead with less than a minute to go in the third.
- Central Michigan scored the final six points of the quarter to take a 53-48 lead to the fourth.
- Northwood was 5-13 overall in the quarter (38.5 percent), but went 4-8 from 3-point range.
- Central Michigan finished the third shooting 36.4 percent (4-11) overall and 2-5 from 3-point range.
- CMU extended their run from the end of the third from 5-0 to 14-0 early in the fourth to take a 61-48 advantage.
- The Chippewas got the lead to as many as 18 before the final margin of 13 at 91-68.
- Northwood was just 4-16 from the floor (25.0 percent) in the fourth, while Central Michigan went 8-16 (50.0 percent).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Central Michigan .466 (27-58), Northwood .362 (21-58)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Central Michigan .261 (6-23), Northwood .367 (11-30)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Central Michigan .667 (14-21), Northwood .800 (8-10)
- REBOUNDS: Central Michigan 41 (12 offensive), Northwood 29 (seven offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Central Michigan 18/15, Northwood 11/14
- POINTS IN THE PAINT: Central Michigan 40, Northwood 16
- POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: Central Michigan 15, Northwood 12
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Ellie Taylor: 16 points, five rebounds, 3-6 from 3-point range
- Kenzie Seeley: 11 points, five assists
- Adrianna Stolicker: 11 points
- Brooke Ditto: 10 points, four rebounds
- The Timberwolves will travel to Indiana for an exhibition game Friday night (November 2). Game time is set for 7 p.m.