OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 78, Purdue Northwest Pride 48
RECORDS: Northwood (6-8, 3-3 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (2-10, 0-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood posts its third-straight GLIAC win Saturday afternoon (January 5), defeating Purdue Northwest 78-48.
- Northwood came out shooting from the perimeter in the opening quarter.
- NU connected on five 3-pointers in the frame, allowing them to lead by as many as seven before settling for a 19-14 edge at the break.
- The Timberwolves were 7-14 overall from the floor (50.0 percent) while going 5-12 from beyond the arc (41.7 percent).
- PNW were 6-17 from the floor (35.3 percent) while missing all four of their 3-point attempts.
- Northwood began the key stretch of the game late in the second quarter.
- NU led 31-27 at the 3:18 mark when the Timberwolves scored the final 11 points of the half to go up 42-27 at the break.
- Northwood shot 46.7 percent from the floor in the second (7-15), connecting on two 3-pointers.
- Purdue Northwest fell back to 26.3 percent (5-19) in the quarter.
- Northwood kept the run going into the second half, eventually making it a 22-2 run to make the score 53-29.
- The Timberwolves eventually led 59-37 heading to the fourth.
- Northwood went inside in the third quarter, going 8-14 from the floor (57.1 percent). That mark included NU going a perfect 7-7 from inside the 3-point line.
- PNW was just 3-14 from the floor in the third (21.4 percent).
- Northwood maintained control in the fourth quarter, as their lead stayed above 24 points the remainder of the game.
- The 30-point margin at the end of the game matched the biggest lead of the game for the Timberwolves
- NU went 8-17 from the floor in the fourth (47.1 percent), compared to PNW at 35.7 percent (5-14).
- FG PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .297 (19-64), Northwood .500 (30-60)
- 3-PT PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .118 (2-17), Northwood .294 (10-34)
- FREE THROW PERCENTAGE: Purdue Northwest .800 (8-10), Northwood .500 (8-16)
- REBOUNDS: Purdue Northwest 38 (12 offensive), Northwood 43 (18 offensive)
- ASSISTS/TURNOVERS: Purdue Northwest 12/20, Northwood 22/13
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Grace German: 15 points, nine rebounds, four blocks
- Ellie Taylor: 15 points, four assists, four rebounds, four steals
- Adrianna Stolicker: 15 points
- Mackenzie DeCook: 14 points (career-high)
- Kenzie Seeley: Eight assists
- Over their last three games, Northwood has held their opponents to 7-62 from 3-point range (11.3 percent).
- The Timberwolves will host Davenport Thursday (January 10). Game time is set for 6 p.m.