OVERVIEW – SVSU SPRING INVITATIONAL
LOCATION: Lexington, Ky.
COURSE: Kearney Hill Links – Par 72 (6,062 yards)
RECAP: Northwood got its spring season off to a strong start, placing third out of 19 teams at the SVSU Spring Invitational Saturday and Sunday (March 18-19).
INSIDE THE EVENT
- Northwood shot team scores of 328 and 313 to finish at 641 overall.
- Grand Valley State was the overall winner at 630 (322-308), with Ashland placing second at 638 (322-316).
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Grace Cannon: 81-79=160 – tied for 11th overall
- Monica Gabriele: 81-79=160 – tied for 11th overall
- Danielle Little: 84-76=160 – tied for 11th overall
- A total of 106 players competed in the tournament
- After finishing 16th in the season-opening tournament at Indianapolis, Northwood has placed sixth or better in all five events it has competed in since.
- Northwood will return to Kentucky March 25-26 to compete in the Perry Park Spring Fling.