OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Ashland Eagles 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0, (25-23, 25-18, 25-23)
RECORDS: Northwood (12-10, 4-7 GLIAC), Ashland (13-9, 6-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Kates Gymnasium– Ashland, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood stays competitive but falls in straight sets to Ashland Saturday (October 21).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Ashland lept out to a 10-4 lead early in the first set and looked like they would run away with the first set. However, Northwood struck back with 14 of the next 21 points to take an 18-17 lead. The edge would grow to as many as four points. as the Timberwolves had a chance to close the set with two leading 23-21. The Eagles would strike back, though, scoring four consecutive points to win the first set by two. Northwood hit .211 (14-6-38) while Ashland finished at .146 (12-6-41).
- The second set began with another dominant Ashland run, as they netted seven of the first nine points. Northwood did cut the lead to 8-6, but the spread soon swelled to nine at 21-12 as the Eagles claimed the second set by seven. The Timberwolves ended the set hitting .167 (10-6-24) compared to the Eagles' line of .273 (13-4-33).
- The third set was the closest of the match involving eight ties and five lead changes. Both teams split the first 14 points, with Northwood taking a 12-10 lead at one point for their biggest of the set. After tying the Eagles 14-14, the Timberwolves did not fall behind by more than four. But Ashland converted on match point at 24-23, however, ending the Timberwolves' hopes of extending the contest. NU finished the final set hitting .119 (13-8-42) while Ashland finished at .243 (14-5-37).
- HITTING: Ashland .216 (39-15-111), Northwood .163 (37-20-104)
- DIGS: Ashland 45, Northwood 51 (Hailey Jones – 14)
- BLOCKS: Ashland 2, Northwood 2 (Allison Getty, 1)
- ACES: Ashland 6, Northwood 2 (Mackenzie Kepler, 1)
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Allison Getty: Eight kills, seven digs, two blocks
- Sydney Greulich: Nine kills, four blocks
- Carson Rutherford: Eight kills, three blocks
- Hailey Jones: 33 assists, 14 digs
- Northwood will host Ferris State Saturday (October 28) for a game against the Bulldogs. Game time is set for 2:00 p.m.